Here is a recipe I made recently for self Saucing chocolate puddings- we were at home and really fancied desert, and this was whipped up easily within an hour with a few basic store cupboard ingredients! I halved this recipe to put in two small dishes rather than one giant, the following serves 6-8
You will need
- 1 and 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 90g melted butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk for sauce
- 185g dark choc chopped
- heat oven to 180 degrees.
- grease a deep 2.25 litre oven proof dish
- sift flour and cocoa, add sugar and make a well in the centre
- add butter and 3/4 cup milk combined- stir until just combined and pour into prepared dish.
- For sauce put remaining milk, chocolate and 1 cup of water in a pan and heat until smooth (stirring continuously)
- Pour sauce over pudding mixture (will look sloppy but don’t worry)
- bake for 40-50 minutes
- Best served immediately
Try it yourself!